Fellowship of the institute is limited to those who had made an outstanding contribution to marketing practice or education and who possess a highly proven record of expertise, experience and success within senior management and have contributed to the development of marketing in Ghana.
- Full Member
- Associate Member
- Emerging Associate Member
- Graduate Member
- Student Member
- Honorary Member and
- Corporate Member
Qualification for Enrolment as a Corporate Member
A body corporate is qualified to be enrolled as a Corporate Member if that body corporate is a marketing-oriented institution recognised by the Institute.
Restriction on the use of the title “Chartered Marketer”
A person who is not a Full Member or a Fellow of the Institute with a minimum of two years Continuous Professional Development in the relevant areas of marketing practice approved by the Council shall not accept or use the title “Chartered Marketer” [and subject to renewal annually].
CIMG Membership Requirements
- a Fellow of a recognized marketing professional body approved by the Institute.
- a Full Member who has served on the Council for more than twelve years; or
- a past President of the Institute.
- The decision for conferring the status of a Fellow is vested in the Council.
- A person who qualifies under subsection (1) and is conferred with the status of Fellow by the Council may use the title “FCIMG”.
Should have more than ten (10) years marketing experience but without any of the qualifications or person who have won the CIMG Marketing Man and Marketing Woman of the year award.
A PERSON WITH AT LEAST ONE OF THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS
- a Full Member of a recognised marketing professional body approved by the Institute; or
- a degree in a marketing related subject, with a minimum of ten years of practical experience within a recognised area of marketing practice or marketing education and continues to hold an appointment equivalent to a Marketing Director.
A person who qualifies under subsection (1) and is conferred with the status of Full Member by the Council may use the title “MCIMG”
A PERSON WITH ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS MAY APPLY TO ASSOCIATESHIP.
- CIM, UK Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing
- University Degree in business subjects with marketing specialization
- Certificate of participations in CIM postgraduate diploma in marketing
- Other non-business degree holders with 3-4 years relevant marketing experience
- Build enduring relationships based on trust
Other non-business degrees with at least 5 years experience in a recognized area of marketing.
Available to a person who has completed CIM, UK postgraduate course.
University degree in business related subjects with marketing specialization but does not possess the necessary practical experience should become graduate members
This membership is opened to corporate organisation who are marketing oriented.
CIMG Membership Benefits
Benefits For Individuals:
*Free MM FOCUS magazine
*Negotiated discounts as follows :
- Holy Trinity Clinic 100% discount on consulting fee
- Graphic Range of products – 15% discount on annual subscription
- Business and Financial Times – 25 % discount on annual subscription
- Melcom-Free membership of VIP Club and a regular discount on all purchases except food items
- Discount on services/product purchased at Honda Place, Regency Hotels, SIC Company and Emirates Airline
- 20% discount on all training programmes organized by CIMG including those of GSM & the CIMG Executive School
- In-house training of staff and provision of consultancy services by CIMG at discounted fee.
*Free legal helpline from the Legal and Ethics Committee of CIMG
*Opportunity to attend top-notched CIMG events free or discounted when free-paying
*Possibility of obtaining credits during job interviews as a paid up member of the CIMG
*Assistance in job search
*Spill over effect to members of the value associated with the Institute’s programmes like – the Annual Awards, Seminars, Conferences and Presidential Ball
* Awards granted to members who take on projects and positions of responsibility for the institute and to serve on committees, which also enrich their CVs.
*Opportunities for professional marketers to network and share on the job experiences and obtain career counseling
Benefits For Corporate:
*Discounted consultancy from the CIMG Consult in any area of management and marketing
*Opportunity for staff to attend continuous professional development (CPD) programmes at discounted rates so as to manage stakeholders confidence
*In-house and tailored-made marketing professional training for staff
*Assist in developing business and marketing plans
*Undertake Marketing Intelligence and Mystery Shopping
*Opportunity for staff to attend events and network for valuable business contacts
*Build and advance collective advocacy programmes for the benefit of our organization and members in areas such as market protection and self-regulation
*Help in organizing recruitment of marketing staff
*Top level staff to become members and given opportunity to serve or be associated with the Institute’s seminars, conferences and also to take up projects and positions of responsibility
*Platform provided for marketing staff to share on the job experiences and obtain career counseling
*Networking Business Development and Sponsorship.